Hearing Aids 1000

join our mailing list

Hearing Aids 1000 > Hearing Aid Care Providers

Hearing Aid Care Providers

Reviews & Information


These ear, nose, and throat physicians perform and supervise hearing and balance testing to provide medical diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of diseases related to hearing and to balance systems in both children and adults. Otolaryngologists may prescribe medications; perform surgery; select, fit, and dispense hearing aids and related devices; and cochlear implants. The nationally accepted credential for otolaryngologists is Board Certification by the American Board of Otolaryngology. A medical degree (MD or DO) is required.

Hearing Aid Specialists

These specialists assess hearing and select, fit and dispense hearing aids and related devices. Hearing aid specialists provide instruction, rehabilitation and counseling in the use and care of hearing aids and related devices, as appropriate. The nationally accepted credential for hearing aid specialists is Board Certified in Hearing Instrument Sciences (BC-HIS).


Audiologists identify and assess disorders of the hearing and balance systems of children and adults. Audiologists select, fit and dispense amplification systems, such as hearing aids and related devices; program cochlear implants; and provide services to enhance human communication. A graduate (Doctorate or Master) degree is required for practice.

Top Hearing Aid Care Providers Offers: Updated

Learn More: